This specialty is backed up in Cuba by advanced therapeutics that range from welfare orthopedics and traumatology, sports medicine, development of prosthesis and orthesis techniques, to a long research and teaching tradition, with far-reaching development supported by up-to-date scientific grounds, with high competence at international level, such consolidated applications as arthroscopy, external fixers, sports traumatology, and research on osteoporosis, hip fractures in the elderly, hip coxarthrosis, among others.
The Orthopedics and Traumatology programs are mainly developed at Frank Pais International Scientific Orthopedic Complex, a highly specialized center, level 3 or National level, a benchmark center for the Iberian-American Orthopedics and Traumatology School and the International Orthopedics and Traumatology School.
The services included in this program are:
- TIBIA ELONGATION SURGERY 10 CMS BILATERAL
- UNILATERAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTIA
- SHORT-STAY UNILATERAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTIA
- KNEE ANGULAR DEFORMITY
- HALLUS VALGUS
- MENISCUS INJURIES /CONDROMALASIA/SYNOVITIS
- NON-CEMENTED HIP ARTHROPLASTIA
- NON-CEMENTED SHORT-STAY HIP ARTHROPLASTIA
- CEMENTED HIP ARTHROPLASTIA
- BACKBONE SURGERY PROGRAMS
•DEGENERATIVE LUMBAR DISK DISEASE S/ARTHRITIS FACETARIA
• LUMBAR DISK HERNIA /DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE.
• STENOSIS LUMBAR CANAL.
• DEGENERATIVE CERVICAL DISK DISEASE. (CERVICAL DISCECTOMY
PLUS DISK PROSTHESIS OR DYNAMIC HIP SCREW)
• CERVICAL DISK HERNIA.
• LUMBAR DISK HERNIA
• MIELOPATIA (LAMINECTOMY)
• THORAX DISK HERNIA
• SURGICAL TREATMENT FOR SCOLIOSIS
• SEVERE SCOLIOSIS (DOUBLE APPROACH)