It provides a therapeutic alternative when it comes to treating Retinitis Pigmentosa, a hereditary and degenerative disease of progressive and variable course in terms of its emergence, symptoms and signals (poor night vision, progressive loss of visual field and presence of pigments in the bottom of the eye). This disease stands as a significant cause of visual impairment and it can cause total blindness.
The Cuban therapy conceived by an interdisciplinary team headed by doctor and researcher Professor Or lio Pelaez Molina, named Revitalizing Surgery, combines and comprises such elements as surgical treatment, ozone-therapy, electro-stimulation, drugs and other recommendations.
It’s important to highlight that the treatment is customized, taking into account the stage of the disease, the patient’s pathologic precedents and opinion of the medical team.
Other pathologies treated at the institution: myopia, hypermetropia, astigmatism, cataract, glaucoma, strabismus, diseases related to the cornea and lacrimal conducts, among others.
Services included in the program:
- Initial assessment and treatment program for patients that suffer from Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Initial assessment and making up of the patient’s Medical History
- Customized medical attention
- Multidisciplinary consultancies
- Basic and ophthalmologic research
- Surgical procedure
- Retinitis Pigmentosa Control And Monitoring Program